Content marketing should be a key component of a digital marketing strategy for every business. It is often considered one of the most effective ways of bringing in traffic to a website to encourage prospects to purchase.
Content marketing refers to creating and sharing relevant written, visual or video content with the goal of promoting a brand and generating leads for a business. It is also one of the most cost-efficient methods to get new customers and increase the chances of conversion.
Written content like blog posts, case studies and ebooks are a big part of most content marketing strategies. Content marketing has become the digital marketing medium of choice for many businesses who wish to attract leads towards their product offerings.
- 77% of Internet users regularly read blog posts.
- Having a blog increases your chances of ranking higher in search engines by 434%.
- 73% of consumers say case studies play an important role in their decision-making process.
- If done correctly, case studies can increase sales by 185%.
With or without written content marketing, companies should invest in visual content. Whether it be graphic images, photos, infographics or any other visual content, visuals have proven to be an important part of many marketing strategies.
- 32% of marketers say visual images are the most important form of content for their business.
- Infographics are the fourth most used type of content marketing.
- 88% of marketers stated that they incorporated visual content in more than
- 50% of all the articles they published.
- Images are the most frequently used type of visual content for marketing campaigns.
Video content has been gaining popularity year after year. Whether you are creating graphic videos or filmed videos, focusing on video content can generate great benefits for businesses of all types.
- Videos are the second most frequently used type of visual content for marketing campaigns.
- Video is the #1 form of media used in content strategies.
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- Over 50% of consumers watch product videos before they make a purchasing decision.
Content marketing has become one of the most important digital marketing tactics for many businesses. It has proven time and time again to be more effective than other marketing mediums and thus, has grown in popularity around the globe.
Every business, big or small, must consider adopting content marketing to perform to its full potential.