Creating a strong visual identity has long been a goal for all brands. To do this, businesses must implement graphic designs that resonate with their target audience throughout the entirety of their brand.
Let’s take a look at some of the most important stats surrounding each sector of graphic design.
For the full list of our sources follow this link: https://mymarketing.io/sources/
General Business Design
The graphic design industry is on an ever-rising trend as visual content has become more important and effective in influencing the buyer’s decision.
- 67% of small businesses think that the importance of graphic design to business success will grow exponentially in the next five years.
- The total revenue generated by the US graphic design industry in 2019 is $15 billion.
- The annual growth of the graphic design industry in the US between 2014 and 2019 was 3.5%.
- 80% of small business owners think graphic design is very important or moderately important to the success of their business.
Aspects like packaging design, branding, logos, and other visual elements that represent your business identity each have a strong influence on the way people perceive your brand.
- 33% of the top 100 brands use the colour blue in their logo.
- 70% of consumers form their impression of a brand based solely on packaging.
- 30% of businesses reported that their revenues increase when they improve their product packaging.
- Use of a signature colour can increase brand recognition by 80%.
Your website’s design, colours, typography, layout, and ease of use all play an important role in attracting your target audience and shaping their perception of your business.
- 75% of people form their opinion of a website based on its aesthetics.
- 48% of people cited that a website’s design is the number one factor in determining the credibility of a business.
- 94% of consumers will leave a website if it has a poor graphic design.
- A consumer’s first impressions of a website are 94% design related.
Graphic design plays an important role in the effectiveness of marketing written content materials such as newsletters, ebooks, blogs, brochures, and so on.
- 86% of marketers said they use visuals in more than 80% of their blog posts.
- Articles with images get 94% more views as opposed to those with no visuals.
- 74% of marketers say that more than 70% of their content contained some sort of visual.
The choice of colours, typography, layout and other design elements each play an important role in the way people view and react to your advertisements.
- Coloured ads have 40% more viewership rates than plain ads.
- Video ads can account for a 40% increase in purchase.
Art and Illustration Design
The use of intricate visual content in marketing materials like email infographics, photo-editing, artistic graphics, and so on can succeed at capturing the attention of potential customers and retain it.
- 40% of marketers say that original graphics, like infographics and illustrations, perform best.
- 65% of digital marketing executives claim visual assets like images, infographics, illustrations, and video is imperative to brand story communication.
- Articles featuring infographics received 72% more views than normal articles.
Animated graphics and videos are becoming a new trend worldwide. Short instructional animated videos, GIFs or even motion graphic logos are just a few common examples of motion design videos that companies can benefit from.
- 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- Companies using GIFs in their email campaign can see over 100% increase in their revenue.
- On average, a Facebook video receives 135% more organic reach than a Facebook photo.
Graphic design can be a very important tool to attract your prospects and create a unique identity for your brand. As we have seen throughout this infographic, graphic design allows businesses to communicate more effectively with their audience, influence customer behaviours and perception, but most importantly, it can help improve company performance.